Rob, What does REAR have to do with Politics?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rick Chapman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam B-Bomb, 77' Hornet Enduro, 79' Hornet Wishbone Sprint, 1962 Blitz F-1000
User Agreement: Yes

Rob, What does REAR have to do with Politics?

Post by Rick Chapman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Hey Rob..
I hate to be the one who has to brake this to you but, there are a number of subjects that are very sensative to people. Religion, Same sex marriages, Politics, Stem cell Research and Briggs engines.. I would have assumed, as an adult, you were aware of that.
Yet, you sent out 105 emails, and this is not the first time, that are basically your Political views and I would like to know where you get off doing that. You have stepped over the line this time...
I do not appreciate your views and I know there are plenty of others who feel the same way. And we do not appreciate you using our email address's so you can flaunt your Political Views.
And most importantly, what does your Political views have to do with Vintage Karting anyway? We did not get involved with REAR to have you, or anyone else, use our email address's any way you feel like.
You want to talk Politics, or complain about the condition the country/world is in, go to your local Republican, Democrat or Independent Headquarters and talk to them.
The REAR email list is not the place and you had no right to use it as you have.. We all are aware of the problems and don't need you to remind us..
Take me off your email address book.
Rick Chapman
Rixkart@aol.com
I Never Thought I'd Be Vintage !!

Frank Payne
Vintage Karting items owned: lots a karts and engines

Re: Rob, What does REAR have to do with Politics?

Post by Frank Payne » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:06 pm

I guess Rob feels it is so important that he is willing to risk offending some to voice his opinion. I am extremely worried about the debt the administration is gorging itself on. Maybe if you start to think about the fact that your children will have to find a way to pay for it, you will be concerned about it also. The greatest thing about this country is that, for the time being we can with some exceptions freely voice our opinions. Rob is excercising that right. You have the right to do the same if you don't agree with him. I can understand your feelings about this. Don't let this affect your participation in this group. I'm sure Rob will be happy to remove your name from his list.

steveohara
Vintage Karting items owned: 1969 Bug Sprint Mc 91B1
1965 Dart Gran Prix twin Mc100s
1963 Bug Scorpion ESll Mc45

Post by steveohara » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 am

Boy, sure would be interesting to see what set off that reaction!

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:35 am

I will lock this thread.

I'm sorry if I sent a "private" email and offended anyone. It does not in anyway have anything to do with old karts. That's why I sent it offline. Not thru the forum or anything else. I do not use a address book or get addresses from the forum I only respond to people that have personally emailed me in the past.

As far as politics go they have no place on the forum and I'm very disapointed you would post that here. Rick, that was in poor taste. In fact I'm proud of the way this forum runs with people helping others with their knowledge and history of karting almost every day.

Steve this is what it is about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

That being said I'm not going to sit back and watch generations of hard work and sacrifice flushed down the toilet by clueless, corrupt politicians. It's always the right time to do the right thing.

If anyone else received it and would like off the list please send an email to senna@nwonline.net.