Margay New Breed Restoration

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dick Teal
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Mak-Kart, 1960Fox 60L, 1961 Fox (2), 1962 Fox, 1963 Fox, 1964 Fox, Margay New Breed
User Agreement: Yes

Margay New Breed Restoration

Post by Dick Teal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am

Last year I was fortunate to find a New Breed hanging on a wall in a barn and I'm just starting to restore it. I used to work for Fox in Janesville and can put them together in my sleep but the New Breed will require all the help I can get.

The key things I think I need are the layout of the rear axle assembly with a single gearbox and either a Mac or West Bend engine; I got the kart with a Rupp motor mount on it. Pictures or exploded parts lists would be especially helpful. I have the gearbox and the Mac mount; I would like a West bend mount for a 610 that Bonbright and is building. I will also need the clutch and the bracket that goes from the gearbox to the frame and the bushings that center the mount. I will use a Mac engine if necessary and need the correct clutch. Any information on where to get this stuff would be appreciated.

The color is something that I'm also trying to find. I read somewhere that it is a 1967 Camaro color that looks like the color teal. My kart was painted black with a spray can over the teal color. A color number and brand of paint would help me. The kart will be sprayed professionally and baked in a paint booth.

The wheels are polished and ready to go together, the steering wheel isn't a problem, the chrome is going out next week after I disassemble the kart so I'm getting close and hope to have it running this summer.

Thanks for your help; you can post here or E-Mail me at teal@charter.net.

Dick Teal

Tom Davis

Re: Margay New Breed Restoration

Post by Tom Davis » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Dick,
67 Malibu SS,....Marina blue, Need anything else just ask! You would be so proud I can almost see concrete in the garage now....just three more layers of tubs.
Tom

Dick Teal
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Mak-Kart, 1960Fox 60L, 1961 Fox (2), 1962 Fox, 1963 Fox, 1964 Fox, Margay New Breed
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Margay New Breed Restoration

Post by Dick Teal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Tom,

Sorry I didn't ask you first; I should have known better. Thanks for the information.

Dick