Newby: how can I get the gear off a reductio gear starter?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

chip bering
Vintage Karting items owned: 1061 Bug Singer 820 WB powered

Newby: how can I get the gear off a reductio gear starter?

Post by chip bering » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:21 pm

I have a Hondo reduction gear starter like shown in the tech article here.

I have the gear assembly out of the housing but need to know how to get the gear off the shaft. I have read sever tear down articles but still can not figure out how get the gear off. Instructions say to pus down on the gear and remove the circlip.

Any help appreciated. Only thing holding me up from starting my new-to-me Bug Stinger with a 820 WB (REAR legal!).

Plan to be at the Big One this year to celebrate my 50th (yep) year in karting, stating in SW OH (Cincinnati)

Evryone plan to come to my home track in Barnesville, GA for our Vintage Kart Winternationals March 20 & 21, 2009. Will do anything to get karts and people here and happy! chip in Atlanta, GA
"karting since 1958"

Rob Voska

Re: Newby: how can I get the gear off a reductio gear starter?

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Please use your real first and last name when registering. If your posts have been deleted you now know why. Please edit your profile. Thank You

FYI - you can change your user name after joining. Go to upper right corner, and click on USER CONTROL PANEL, pick PROFILE from menu on the left, then pick sub menu EDIT ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Then replace your user name with your real name.