Smaller Clutch Diamater for Clinton A400

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Mark Cermak
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Rupp Chaparrals, 6 Simplex's, Chevy Monza Jr., 1969 Blackhawk Poison Arrow
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Smaller Clutch Diameter for Clinton A400

Post by Mark Cermak » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:03 pm

I called HoffcoComet in Richmond, Ind. and although they might have them on their website, they indicated that they haven't carried these 3 1/2 inch 5/8's shaft clutches in over 10 years......

I am still in need of one of these smaller diameter clutches to fit a Clinton A-400 if anyone has one to sell or Trade.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Havery
Vintage Karting items owned: Poison Arrow, Chaparral, McCulloch R-1
Dart Mean Machine and the "Mongrel Kart"

Re: Smaller Clutch Diamater for Clinton A400

Post by Mark Havery » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:49 am

Mark,
Is this the engine, clutch and pipe you intend to use? All of this fit up just fine. I believe the pipe itself becomes the chain guard unfortunately. Dean has one of these I loaned him at his place. It is a Mercury minibike clutch, but is strong enough for an A400, you see it here on an NOS A500 painted to resemble an A400. Both clutches are NOS I bought when there was a glut of them.If you mount it inboard you get a little more clearance, also lift the pipe up as you tighten the allen screws holding it on helps too
Karting 207.jpg
(488.34 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Mark

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:26 pm

I should have drums but no guts for them. They will probably be 11,12,13,14 tooth.

Harold Member
Vintage Karting items owned: Pieces of Parts. Parts is Parts.

Post by Harold Member » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Mark Havery wrote:Mark,
Is this the engine, clutch and pipe you intend to use? All of this fit up just fine. I believe the pipe itself becomes the chain guard unfortunately. Dean has one of these I loaned him at his place. It is a Mercury minibike clutch, but is strong enough for an A400, you see it here on an NOS A500 painted to resemble an A400. Both clutches are NOS I bought when there was a glut of them.If you mount it inboard you get a little more clearance, also lift the pipe up as you tighten the allen screws holding it on helps too
Karting 207.jpg
Mark
Mark,

Could you please tell me more about that Minibike in the pic? It's a great looking little bike!

Please feel free to reply by PM if you like so as not to sidetrack this thread.

Thank you.
But you can call me Harry.