Beware ebay listings from edow1306

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Terry Schmitz
Vintage Karting items owned: 63 Brand X, 64 Fox Box ,71 BucketBug ,66 LANCER,63 GP, Rupp F35,66 CHAPERRAL SPRINT/ENDURO
User Agreement: Yes

Beware ebay listings from edow1306

Post by Terry Schmitz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Luckily i was refunded $439.99 on a West Bend 820 listed on Ebay the sellers ebay name was edow1306
His email, name and address is :eadacorp84@hotmail.com
edward downing
553 shacksbush rd
bernhards bay, ny 13028
He was in with (his son so he said)TEAM KARTING POWERSPORTS Email: kartracer84@hughes.net

Paypay just refunded my payment
Just BEWARE

Terry

Mike Reller
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam, 1962 McCulloch

Re: Beware ebay listings from edow1306

Post by Mike Reller » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:15 pm

So what did he do, or not do?

Terry Schmitz
Vintage Karting items owned: 63 Brand X, 64 Fox Box ,71 BucketBug ,66 LANCER,63 GP, Rupp F35,66 CHAPERRAL SPRINT/ENDURO

Post by Terry Schmitz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:50 pm

I won the auction, promptly paid thru paypal. the next morning ebay deleted the listing with this email:

Thanks for bidding on the listing:
260659088411 - West Bend US820 Kart Engine
Unfortunately, we had to remove this listing and cancel all bids. We don't like to remove listings -- it's disappointing for everyone -- but sometimes we need to do it.
There are three main reasons why we remove listings:
-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.
-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
-- The listing contains pictures or words that may create copyright or trademark issues.
If the seller is able to fix the problem and relist the item, we hope you'll bid on it again.
Sometimes, instead of relisting an item, a seller will suggest that you buy it directly from him or her, off eBay. If that happens, please don't accept. If anything goes wrong with the purchase, we won't be able to help you.
-- If you have questions --
Due to concerns about member privacy, we can't share any details about why the listing was removed, but we'd be glad to answer any other questions you might have. Here's the best way to contact us:
1. Click "Help" at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
2. Click "Contact Us."
You'll be asked to describe what's going on, and we'll suggest the best way to get in touch.
We're really sorry about the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
eBay Trust and Safety team

that same morning I emailed the seller to contact me he responded with:
From: edward downing <eadacorp84@hotmail.com>Date:Fri, Sep 3, 2010 4:16 pm
im in a bad service area...its was sent this morning i will gladly forward the tracking ino to u when i get home shortly
That was the last contact i had with the seller

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:33 pm

You hate to hear about problems with e Bay sellars. But I guess it still happens, to bad. I am amazed at how quickly they refunded your money, good for you Terry ! These things usually drag out for a long time.

It always helps to E Mail the sellar thru E Bay, BEFORE you pay for the item you won. E mail the sellar thru E Bay and ask how soon they will ship after recieving your payment. Usually the ones who are prompt about answering are on the up and up and you won t have a prob. Of course there is no guarantee , even though they answer your e mail, but at least you hear something and have a communication from them.I will not pay untill they answer my e mail , eventually they contact me and want thier money !

Terry Schmitz

Post by Terry Schmitz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:51 pm

every thing was fine, good communication, only one email after i paid to say it was shipped. ebay wont say why they deleted the auction after it was over