Super time at Avon New York

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many
User Agreement: Yes

Super time at Avon New York

Post by Chris Marchand » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Scott Kniesel and the GVKC Kart club hosted a great Vintage event this weekend. Thx to Scott, Al the track owner and the club for having us.The weather was perfect , the track was fun, the facility is terrific. As usual my Green machine Chappy had teething problems and the karting village jumped in and saved the day. Thank you Rob and Bob for all your help ( and Scott and Mike and ect ect , ha ha ha ). Incidently the TBO boys put on quite a driving exhibition , that was worth the trip. Looking forward to going back next year ! Chris ( also known as the Monza spinner , ha ha ha )

John Swartout
Vintage Karting items owned: 1960 Percival Hellcat
1961 Thunderblitz
1961 Fox Go-Boy

Re: Super time at Avon New York

Post by John Swartout » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Sandy and I also want to thank Scott, Al, and the club for a great time! Seeing all of our wonderful friends, and meeting some great new friends is always worth the trip. Also, thank you Rob and Bob for all your help on the Super K, and Rob for saving the Power Products AH 58! And I promise to SLOW DOWN at TBO, so you guys can see me! ;) LOL!

John

john salsbury
Vintage Karting items owned: none

Post by john salsbury » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:03 am

Hi, I'm a member of the GVKC BOD and I'd like to thank everyone (on behalf of GVKC) for coming out to Avon and making our first attempt at a vintage kart show such a success. Of course it certainly helps having a talented guy such as Scott arrange and organize the event. Personally, I was amazed to see how many people came from all over to attend the show. We had people from S Carolina, Ga, Ohio, Mass, NY, Canada and I'm sure from other places that I'm not aware. I also want to thank everyone for bringing some of the best weather we've seen in quite some time! I have to agree with Chris - we're looking forward to having you back next year as well!
Thanks again.
John

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:02 am

Glad to hear everyone made it home safe and sound from Avon. It was a great first event and my hats off to Scott for all his work putting this together. It was fun seeing old karts enjoyed the way they were meant to be enjoyed. Power Products, Hot Rod Clinton, 580 West Bends, MC10’s and a lot of early equipment being run on the track. Probably should have taken my Simplex or Lancer with a 580 as those guys were having a ton of fun. Even the sidewinders were cool. Pete from Canada was there with a Margay Concept and it was a very nice kart. There were some there selling parts and it was a great atmosphere. All but one person complied with the rules and brought period correct karts & equipment. Even Richard Engle was allowed out of the great white north to come and enjoy an event. Had not seen him in a few years and it was good to visit with him again.

Monza Chris….. what about all the other places you were off the track? Can we call you the corner before the monza grass guy or the double brake guy or the I lost my carb needle out on the track guy or the I got dirt in my fuel guy or the guy that lost Scotts allen wrench or………. LOL

John had his stuff running so fast it was just a blur to see him running past the pits. He let me take out his Ala kart with twin Mac’s on it and it ran great. But my legs need to be about 6 inches shorter or the kart needs to be about 6 inches longer. 3 laps and I had the same leg cramps as when I run my Hoffco.

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 am

YeeeeHawwww, Glad you weren t there Thursday to see some of the real speed secrets of getting around Avon! ha ha ha

Gary Wlodarsky
Vintage Karting items owned: Hornet SS, Dual Hornet
Expert II , Invader single and a dual, Rupp 301D,

Post by Gary Wlodarsky » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:49 am

Scott......and all

wish we were able to spend the full 2- 3 days up at Avon, but previous comitments got to me....meet some great people, learned some new tricks.....even had a heated disscussion or two......and put names with faces ,,,,

I had more fun watching the TBO boys (Rob an Bob)go it , and go at it, and go at it ...kinda like two 13 old guys dukin it out....them boys can drive those old toys....they had to of put more laps on those karts than the whole rest of the field combined...

and I liked to thank everyone for the standing ovation when Vince spun out my Brand X.....just plane old fun,

great track, great people , great weather...

Gary W

Rick Chapman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam B-Bomb, 77' Hornet Enduro, 79' Hornet Wishbone Sprint, 1962 Blitz F-1000

Post by Rick Chapman » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Scott..
Congratulation on your first Event.
I heard nothing but good things.
Hope to make it to Avon next year.
Rick Chapman
I Never Thought I'd Be Vintage !!

roger santee

Post by roger santee » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:03 pm

Had a great time. Everyone did a great job. Meet alot of great people,and saw some net karts. Thanks for all your work and hope to see you next year.
roger